Call for Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowship (IPDF), IIT Guwahati
Applications are invited in on-line mode only for selection under Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship (IPDF) program at IIT Guwahati in the Departments of Bioscience and Bioengineering,
Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Design, Electronics & Electrical Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical
Engineering, Physics, and Centre for the Environment.
Institute will admit young researchers as Institute Postdoctoral Fellows (IPDFs). Under this scheme, IPDFs will carry out advanced research at IIT Guwahati with a faculty member of IIT Guwahati as a mentor. Due to limitation in the number of IPDFs, a faculty member can mentor maximum of one IPDF at a time.
To download the Assignments/Benefits in details, Please click Here.
PhD degree holders with first class or equivalent in preceding degree and having consistently a good academic record.
From the PhD thesis or Post-PhD work, at least two research publications in refereed journals / conference proceedings.
Not completed five years from the date of completion of PhD programme.
- A PhD student who has submitted thesis but not completed the PhD programme can also apply. However, such candidate is expected to complete the PhD programme and submit provisional or original PhD degree certificate within 6 months from the date of joining as IPDF.
- A PhD degree holder from IIT Guwahati is eligible to apply only after gaining one year of post-PhD relevant experience and the (opted) mentor is other than his/her PhD supervisor(s).
- Age Limit: Maximum Age is 35 years. It can be relaxed by 5 years for women, reserved category and PWD candidates.
- Both Indian and Foreign nationals are eligible to apply for IPDF. If selected, before joining the Institute, a foreign national candidate will have to obtain required permission from concerned authority of the Government of India.
- Candidates called for interview are eligible for reimbursement of to and from AC II tier railway fare by the shortest route from the address of correspondence.
- Candidates from abroad shall be exempted from appearing personally before the selection committee. Such candidates, if any, shall be interviewed through video conferencing (skype).
- The duration of the fellowship will be initially for a period of 2 years, extendable for a further period of one more year based on the progress of the IPDF and the recommendation of PAC. For the third year extension the fellow should have at least one article published/accepted in referred journal/conference.
Last date for receipt of completed online application form :
2018-01-21 11:59:00 PM
For any clarification, the candidate may write to email@example.com